These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Random Drug Screen Helper-Brent Sampson

Executive Summary

I am a senior in the undergraduate Global Supply Chain Management program at BYU. For my term project I decided to create a project that would help alleviate some of the stress associated with some of the day to day tasks I had to do during my internship at a trucking company. The process I decided to focus on is our random drug screen process. Every quarter we are given a list of truck drivers who will need to get a random drug screen (mandated by the department of transportation) to be done as soon as possible.

In my project I created an automated system that would gather driver information from a list of drivers who needed random drug screens and then find the nearest drug screen locations based off of where their next delivery location would be using google geo-locater and google maps data. I created a userform that would allow a user to send via email a list of drivers with the drug screen locations to their respective driver manager and also allow a list of all the drivers to be sent to an operations managers(manager of the driver manager) in one email. I also made a macro that allows the user to update data used in the project easily.


Random Drug screen calculator file: the project contains sensitive data so no file is include in the blog.

1 comment:

  1. How much can a freight agent earn?

    Learn how this guy started his business with NO EXPERIENCE and currently earns over $2,000,000 a month in sales.

    Start your business today with FREIGHT NICHE PROFIT$.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive