These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Personal Budget


Executive Summary

                For my final project, I focused my efforts on developing a personal budget.  For the longest time, I have used Mint.com; however, I have felt disappointed in the flexibility of the budgeting system.  The ability for Mint to connect to my bank accounts is convenient, but I felt like I could never do what I wanted with the budget.  I also would get lost considering all the different options and buttons provided through the website.  After taking this class, I decided that I could create a personal budgeting system that allows me to save time on my budgeting as well as give me something that I have complete control over.  After about 25 hours, I created this program that has given me the flexibility I desire.  


                This budget is quite simple.  The foundation of the program is based in its ability to, through code, go to my personal Wells Fargo account and download statements based upon a range of dates that the user inputs.  The login, password, and dates are all input through a user form that can be accessed through the customized ribbon.   After the statement is downloaded, the code will bring that file into the budget in chronological order.  The user then has the flexibility to assign the different expenses through a user form.  In the following paragraphs I will walk the user through how to use this program.


http://files.gove.net/shares/files/15f/mfh1991/12-10-15_-_Personal_Budget_2015.xlsm

http://files.gove.net/shares/files/15f/mfh1991/Executive_summary_of_Project.pdf

Matt Hendrickson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive