These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Redbox App — Executive Summary

Executive Summary
I am not currently working, so my options for helping a business were  limited.  Therefore, I decided to write a program I wanted to use.  One day, I was trying to reserve a newly released DVD from Redbox.  However, it was hard to find because everyone else was wanting to watch the same movie.  The only way I was able to get the DVD was by constantly checking the website.  I decided that was something that a program could do better and easier than myself.

The concept of this is very simple.  It checks the availability of a movie in nearby Redbox Kiosks.  If it doesn’t find it, it searches every 15 seconds until it either finds the movie you are looking for or times out.  I built in a lot of data validation and user forms to make the user experience better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive