These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Financial Planning Analysis


Executive Summary

                The business that I did my project for is MassMutual Financial Group and Alexander Jones as an agent there.  In the course of my time doing insurance sells and financial advisement I found that the software used by agents to run their analysis on clients cost upwards of $10,000 a year. I could never afford that as a new agent and so I always had to work with a more senior agent to work with clients.  This puts a big cost to me as advisor as I then have to split all my commissions with the other agent.  To avoid this whole stress I have decided that my project would be to build an excel workbook that could do the equivalent of what those software products do.

                I first had to decide what would go into the excel workbook and then using VBA automate the process with only a few inputs.  The result is a powerful financial planning tool that allows me as an agent to help a client without the need of other software.  This project takes into account taxes, debts, budgets, house purchases, savings requirements, investing, and retirement goals.  I think you will find this tool exciting and useful as well.

Write up link
http://files.gove.net/shares/files/15w/jones222/Final_Project_Write-up_to_submit.docx

Project
http://files.gove.net/shares/files/15w/jones222/Project_Final_Final.xlm.xlsm
 

1 comment:

  1. Allow me to introduce the LE-MERIDIAN FINANCING SERVICES. the loan company that grant me loan of 5,000,000.00 USD When other loan investors has neglect my offer but Le_Meridian Funding Service grant me success loan.they are into directly in loan financing and project  in terms of investment. they provide financing solutions to companies and individuals seeking access to capital markets funds, they can helped you fund your project or expand your business.. Email Contact:::: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Also  lfdsloans@outlook.com or Write on whatsapp Number  on    1-(989-394-3740)Good Intend,

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive