These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 11, 2014

ALFRED : Personal Budgeting Solution

Xander Hacking

Executive Summary 


Keeping a budget can be a difficult process, which means it is often neglected. It is impossible to follow a non-existent budget, so when I neglect to keep one, money seems to disappear much faster than I intend. In using a spreadsheet, or trying off the shelf solutions, I found that the process became too unwieldy, or neglected features which are important to me for keeping a budget. For my project I created a simple piece of budgeting software, which allows the user to make a budget, record transactions, and view reports. By simplifying the process of creating a budget, I’ll be able to better manage my finances.


DOWNLOAD FILES 

To run the application, you only need the ALFRED.xlsm file. The app relies on the alfredDB.mdb database file, but if it can't find the file in the same folder as itself, it created a new database file all the basic data needed to run the application.

ALFRED.xlsm
Writeup/Documentation
alfredDB.mdb

 Note: The application works on Windows 7, but I haven't verified it for Windows 8.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive