These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Automated Personal Finance Spreadsheet

For my project I have built a tool that helps me to quickly and easily analyze my personal financial data.  This tool imports financial data from my bank account and credit card account into Excel into a designated format with the click of a button.  With the data formatted and placed into an Excel spreadsheet I then have a user form that allows me to categorize, edit, and add transactions for both financial accounts.  In addition to this there are buttons that will automatically build a pivot table for cross sectional analysis and a chart for visual analysis.  This tool saves me a lot of time and is very convenient for monitoring my finances and making financial decisions. 

Links:

  • http://files.gove.net/shares/files/14w/breynold/VBA_Final_Project_Writeup.pdf
  • http://files.gove.net/shares/files/14w/breynold/VBA_Final_Project.xlsm

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog Archive