These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

20-Year Financial Plan -- David Sheffield

Executive Summary

With graduation comes a job, money, and financial decisions. To prepare myself, I programmed an Excel workbook to help me make some of the most difficult financial decisions: How much should I save for missions, education, 401K, and insurance? What type of mortgage should I get? Home much money can I reasonably live on? How long will it take to reach financial independence? This Excel workbook is the result of a great deal of research, calculations, programming, blood, sweat, and tears. I believe that it was worth it because it will lead me to make better financial decisions over the course of my life.

The numbers in this spreadsheet have been changed to preserve confidentiality:
http://files.gove.net/shares/files/14w/das88/DavidSheffield_20-yr_Financial_Plan.xlsm

The following document is a copy of my write up for the VBA project:
http://files.gove.net/shares/files/14w/das88/DavidSheffield_FinalProject_WriteUp.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive