These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Forecasting Analysis - Dennis Barreto

The project is based in a global supplier company. Last summer during my internship I was working in the finance department as a Financial Analyst evaluating the company’s cash flow forecast process. I developed a cash flow forecasting model for one of my projects. This VBA project focus is to automate build on top of what I did during my internship. This project allows a user to interact with the output data from the model I created. My project also focuses on enabling an user to quickly generate variance analysis of the forecast which is valuable to identify changes in behaviors, cycles and abnormal events. This is done by combining data from 3 different databases in one excel spreadsheet where you have the ability to select forecasting periods and actuals periods that you desire to analyze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive