These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 6, 2012

I Sys 520 VBA Project - CraigBox


W. Craig Holz
I Sys 520 - Allen
12/6/12

I own a large collection of movies; 336 to be exact.  Friends/ward members from my apartment complex visit my apartment all the time asking to borrow one of them (my apartment is nicknamed “CraigBox”).  I have no problem lending my movies out (I make sure everyone knows they are liable for any damage incurred), but one of the biggest problems I face is that I don’t keep any type of record of which person has which movie, so I often forget to follow up with people about returning them.

My project fixes this problem.  I have created a video library check-out (and check-in) system which I can use to add movies to my Access database, keep track of which people have borrowed my movies (and update their status accordingly), and send notifications (via SMS text message or E-Mail) to people who have borrowed them.

Here is the list of your files:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive