These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Friday, December 9, 2011

VBA Final Project

Devin Curry

Executive Summary

At church, I was called as a home teaching supervisor. This means that I am asked to encourage a group of priesthood brethren to complete their home teaching and assist them in any way I can. Towards the end of the month I find out how everyone did and report the results to the elder’s quorum secretary. In order to complete my calling, not only do I need to keep track of who has completed home teaching each month, but I also need to see who is consistently missing their home teaching. I also need to keep track of comments and concerns home teachers have about their assigned families so I can communicate them to the elder’s quorum presidency. The church has many of these features available on MLS; however, the elder’s quorum secretary is the one that uses that software. To keep track of things, I created an Excel based home teaching program.

The home teaching program will help me to complete my duties as a home teaching supervisor, but it is capable of helping to organize an entire ward home teaching system. The program has the following features.

· Because turnover is so high in student wards, the program uploads the ward directory off of lds.org.

· The program allows the user to add or delete families if they move during the semester.

· The program adds a new column for each month of home teaching.

· The program allows the user to assign and reassign home teachers to families.

· The user can add comments pertaining to an individual family. The user can view all pending comments and delete resolved ones.

The user has the ability to generate a number of reports to help organize home teaching and monitor home teaching consistency.

http://files.gove.net/shares/files/11w/dcurry/FinalProjectWriteup_DevinCurry.pdf
http://files.gove.net/shares/files/11w/dcurry/Final_Project.xlsm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive