These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Buy and Sell Stocks

Executive Summary

Over the past couple of years I have begun trading stocks online. I use Scottrade and have found that it works very well most of the time. However, it does not give me the ability to place an order to sell at a certain price and then as soon as it does immediately turn around and purchase something else for me or put in an order to have it buy at a certain price. In order to do this I have to be near my computer constantly checking to see if one sold so I would have enough cash to purchase the other. Because of this, I came up with a spreadsheet that would place an order to sell a stock and then watch for it to sell. Once it was sold it would go ahead and place an order to purchase a different stock that I wanted. This would allow me to get up and leave it running and do something else.

The program ends by adding what was bought and sold to a table with the stock purchased/sold, date, number of shares, price, and total cost or proceeds. This program also allows the user to set limit orders to only buy or sell.

http://files.gove.net/shares/files/10f/tterrag3/Final_project_write_up_-_Garrett_Williams.pdf

http://files.gove.net/shares/files/10f/tterrag3/Final_Project_Submition.xlsm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive