These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bryce Newbold's VBA Project

Executive Summary

Objective Statement
Create a VBA module for Bryce’s family budget spreadsheet that collects current information from the web (our bank accounts) and appropriately updates the spreadsheet.

Basic Background
My wife and I have been using an excel spreadsheet to forecast our expenditures for school semesters. Each semester we have updated and improved the spreadsheet to help us more accurately depict our financial situation.

After learning VBA concepts in class, I realized that there are some great improvements to be made to the spreadsheets we have made. I would be able to make it more real-time and accurate and possibly even automate some things.

I have successfully implemented and deployed all of the scope intended. While programming however, I realized that there was one more function that I wished to add. I have created a solution however, and I documented this process in the full project report. Use the link provided below to access it.

Report
In the report you will find explanations and illustrations of how the program is used, as well as the functionality involved. When necessary, I will explain in detail the steps involved in the program’s activity. I will also explain the revision to the program.

Finally, this project completes all of the approved scope for Bryce’s project proposal, which was approved by Dr. Gove Allen on March 16, 2010.

Links to project and writeup:

Project
Writeup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive