These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Refund Reconcilation and Stale Dated Checks

Executive Summary

I currently work at Student Financial Services (SFS) on campus at Brigham Young University. I have worked at SFS for a little over a year now, and before this class I have mainly done repetitive mundane tasks. A major part of my prior job description was to fill out paper work, do reconciliations in Excel, and respond to student inquiries. After taking this class I realized that much, if not all, of what I do could be automated in Excel.

I have created a suite of Excel programs to automate the student refund reconciliation process, and to print out the needed paperwork for the outstanding stale-dated checks issued by the university. These programs have drastically cut down on manual user input and increased productivity of the office. Prior to these programs, this work could take up to 40 hours a month to tend to. Suffice it to say, after writing these programs my job description has changed quite dramatically.

I have not made these files publicly available due to the private nature of data.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive